Monday, August 2, 2010

"My" Brother Sandeep

When I was young, I used to think that celebrating Raksha Bandhan was redundant practice. It was obvious that a brother has to take care of his sister.

I remember this incident, way back, when we were kids, I used to follow my brother around everywhere. One day he had plans to play cricket with his friends and he had warned me beforehand that if I wanted to leave in the middle of the match I would have to go back alone. But, because I was stubborn so I “had to” accompany him anyway. After a while, as expected, I got bored. He said, “go on your own!”. I was heartbroken and again, because I was stubborn I “had to” leave. I reached my place and before entering my house I looked back, and there he was, a few feet away, stealthily getting down the stairs J

Now I know why I thought so.

Everybody in school knew him as S.Sandeep and now people know him by all these different names..Sandeep,Sandy, Shetty, Somisetty, Marketing(which is funny now because he has chosen finance). When I tell people he is my brother..People go.."really?!" “siblings!?”..and I choose to believe that it is not due to the stark contrast in our IQs. There are many School- toppers-cum-geniuses around but what sets him apart is the fact that he is charismatic and yet gives utmost priority to his family and friends.

Thanks for being the best Brother a person can have, and also the warmest, wittiest, brilliantest and Awesomest person in the whole whole World!!

May you always be Happy
Happy Birthday :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow,overwhelming.. I'm sure when he reads this he'll be the proudest brother.This post is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey u r the bestest sister.. :) thanks a lot.. love u loads :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cho Chweet! Very touching :)

    btw in nicknames, you forgot Somasti, that one was pretty popular during final year, dunno why it died out.

    Somi is also doing the rounds nowadays :)

    @Sandeep: Who the hell has called you Marketing?!!!

    ~Pratik

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sandeep love you too :)
    @Nikita Yeah he is..read his comment just next to yours
    @Pratik I never noticed you spell your name like that

    ReplyDelete